Our vision is 'To create a community of agile learners who are bold, resilient and kind'. In order to enable this vision and these values to flourish we will maintain high standards and expectations to create an orderly learning environment and a sustainable culture of excellence and innovation. Our culture will be created and maintained by all members of our school community. It will develop and grow through an accumulation of actions, traditions, symbols, ceremonies and rituals that are closely aligned with our vision. Being able to articulate our vision and work everyday to realise it is the responsibility of all members of our community. We will work together, so that our collective observations, thoughts, words and actions will promote a culture:
- that is welcoming.
- where the conditions for learning are ever present.
- in which there is a shared belief that we are part of something special.
- in which the language creates and facilitates pride, purpose and power.
Fortitude Valley State Secondary College will not only physically build upwards it will build connections outwards in to the community, forming the vibrant heart of a precinct of local business, industry, community groups, sporting, health and community facilities.
Our school will open in 3 stages:
- Brookes Street Precinct ready for Year 7 students at the start of Term 1, 2020 (28 January)
- St Pauls Terrace Precinct Term 3, 2020
- The Future Secondary Learning Precinct in Term 1, 2023