Our vision is 'To create a community of agile learners who are bold, resilient and kind'. In order to enable this vision and these values to flourish we will maintain high standards and expectations to create an orderly learning environment and a sustainable culture of excellence and innovation. Our culture will be created and maintained by all members of our school community. It will develop and grow through an accumulation of actions, traditions, symbols, ceremonies and rituals that are closely aligned with our vision. Being able to articulate our vision and work everyday to realise it is the responsibility of all members of our community. We will work together, so that our collective observations, thoughts, words and actions will promote a culture:
- that is welcoming.
- where the conditions for learning are ever present.
- in which there is a shared belief that we are part of something special.
- in which the language creates and facilitates pride, purpose and power.
Fortitude Valley State Secondary College will not only physically build upwards it will build connections outwards in to the community, forming the vibrant heart of a precinct of local business, industry, community groups, sporting, health and community facilities.
Our school will open in 3 stages:
- Brookes Street Precinct ready for Year 7 students at the start of Term 1, 2020 (28 January)
- St Pauls Terrace Precinct mid-2020
- the Future Secondary Learning Precinct in Term 1, 2023.
- Principal, Sharon Barker was appointed in September, 2018.
- At the start of 2019, she was joined by Deputy Principal, Nathan Maddox, Business Manager, Leissl Lovely and an Administration/Enrolments Officer.
- In Term 3, 2019 a second Deputy Principal, Cally Nielsen and two Heads of Department will join the team with a further five HODs commencing in Term 4, 2019.
- The selection process for teachers will commence in Term 2, 2019 and Support Staff will be appointed throughout 2019 ready to commence duties in 2020.